Saturday, August 21, 2010

Culture Shock pt. 2

So that whole thing from my previous entry was resolved - a tire was (somehow) found, we left Holbrook and spent a lovely day in Santa Fe.

This morning, however, as we were bumbling along on our way to Pueblo, Colorado, the engine overheats, the air conditioning shuts off, the power steering gets messed up, and the battery light starts flashing.

WHAT THE. I CAN'T EVEN. OH MY GOD.

We managed to make it to Raton, New Mexico, where we are now stuck. On Monday we'll find out how long it will take to fix everything (we discovered that the belt had broken, which may have caused or been caused by the power steering or AC). There's really nothing we can do at this point so I'm trying to just relax, which is harder than it sounds. A Harry Potter marathon on ABC Family is helping, however. This whole thing has just been really frustrating and draining, which isn't particularly helping to soothe my anxiety about this coming school year. I'm way to stuck in my head and it's not good for me. Going to MN w/ Joe should be really great, though, so I hope we can make that work.

Kisses and contraception,
Naomi

No comments:

Post a Comment